Inspired by a Question on Software Recommendations, I wrote this Viewer for very large JSON files. It can open files of 1.4 GB in size or even larger, as long as you have ~7 times the amount of RAM on your machine.
System requirements: Windows 7 SP1 or higher, .NET 4.5, 64 bit recommended
License: MIT, closed source at the moment
Download: Huge JSON Viewer 0.4.12.19 Setup.exe.zip (13.8 MB)
Portable (experimental): Huge JSON Viewer 0.4.12.19 Portable.zip (17.4 MB)
Changes in 0.4.12:
- Bugfix: progress percentage when opening many files
Changes in 0.4.10:
- Bugfix: 130kb memory leak per opened file
Changes in 0.4.8:
- Bugfix: NullReferenceException for JSONs that contain null values.
Changes in 0.4.7:
- Bugfix: Valid JSON files that start with an array cannot be parsed
- Open files passed as command line arguments
- Center the progress dialog over the window
Bugs: report bugs to email@example.com where yyyy-mm-dd is the current date.
- This software is in beta
- The progress bar window can be closed while the JSON file is being opened
Screenshot of an older version with a 1.4 GB file loaded: